MSI announced its SUPRIM graphics series last week. The company described the new series as “a new graphics card series and design built upon decades of circuit engineering and cooling development. A prestigious concept turns into reality with high-quality materials and meticulous engineering that can be seen, felt, and experienced”.
These cards are based on RTX 3090, RTX 3080, and RTX 3070 SKUs from NVIDIA, and now the company introduces its budget series called Twin Fan for GeForce RTX 3070 for now.
The Twin Fan series has a clean design and a fresh new dual-fan design with a custom fan design, a unique curve to enhance heat dissipation by generating more airflow and air pressure.
MSI revealed two Twin Fan graphics cards, one with factory-overclocking to 1740 MHz the other with NVIDIA reference specs. However, both are featuring custom PCB with 8pin + 6pin power connectors. The display configuration is standard 3x DP + 1x HDMI.
Earlier leaks have already revealed that MSI will bring the same design to RTX 3060 Ti models, which are also based on the GA104 GPU with fewer cores.
GeForce RTX™ 3070 TWIN FAN
The GeForce RTX™ 3070 is powered by Ampere—NVIDIA’s 2nd gen RTX architecture. Built with enhanced RT Cores and Tensor Cores, new streaming multiprocessors, and high-speed G6 memory, it gives you the power you need to rip through the most demanding games.
Boost Clock / Memory Speed
- 1725 MHz / 14 Gbps
- 8GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI x 1
Dual Fan Thermal Design
- Dual fans cover more area of heatsink to take heat away more efficiently.
- Up to 6mm thick copper heat pipes maximize heat transfer from the surface of the baseplate for better cooling.
Afterburner Overclocking Utility
- Supports multi-GPU setups.
- OC Scanner: An automated function finds the highest stable overclock settings.
- On-Screen Display: Provides real-time information of your system’s performance.
- Predator: In-game video recording.