The following article will cover how to rename the Android Studio package name.
Step 1 –
- Open your application
- Go to app/manifests/AndroidManifest.xml
- Highlight only the part in the package name that you want to rename
- Right-click-> Refactor-> Rename
- Click Rename package
- Type the new name and press (Refactor)
- Follow these steps for each part of the package name
Step 2 –
- Open build.gradle(Modul:app)
- Update the applicationId to your new package name – Ex. applicationId “com.example.nicetechguy.nicetechguy”
- Click Build from the main menu and click Rebuild Project.